Pickyourplants helps you pick the right plants for your garden. Based on where it's located, how much sun it gets, and the type of soil you have, it will tell you what survives best in your space. Based on those factors and your preferred style of garden, it will let you know the best options for your preferred style of garden and what looks best based on some basic landscaping design principles.
Here's what the app offers:
- "My Gardens" - a screen that organizes all the gardens you've created so you can remember the names of the plants you've planted in seasons to come.
- "Plant Search" - a way to search by keyword or specific filters to find the plants that work best in your conditions, for the style you like or basic design criteria (eg. if you need more tall plants versus short).
- "Build a Garden" - an easy step-by-step process for creating a garden. Enter your conditions, then pick plants moving from tallest to shortest. Get tips on how to pick a good balance of plants within each category. Finally, get advice on how to modify your tips so that you pick a good mix of plant heights, types and bloom times.
- "Seasonal View" - once you've created your garden, see photos of your picks, side-by-side, as they change over time. Find out what that shrub looks like when the flower next door blooms, and what the flower looks like when its the shrub's blooming season.
- "Find a Garden Centre" - find your local garden centre and connect with them directly to ask questions about the list of plants you've picked.
Pick your plants helps people gardening in what gardeners in Canada call hardiness "Zone 5b" which roughly equates to gardens in the Greater Toronto Area.
Let us know where you're gardening and stay tuned for future releases incorporating your local gardening zone.
Download Pickyourplants and start picking your plants!
Want to learn more? Visit http://www.pickyourplants.com